Natural Tick And Mosquito Control In Plainfield, NJ
Plainfield is known as “The Queen City” and serves as a hub for individuals who commute into New York City for work. But get to know Plainfield a little bit better, and all of its positive qualities abound. The city is known for its superior public school system, safe neighborhoods, and walkable downtown that’s filled with coffee bars, juice shops, and other independently owned businesses. But even in the city, locals can’t escape the seasonal threat of mosquitoes and ticks.
At NJ Mosquito Patrol, we provide natural tick and mosquito control in Plainfield that is hard on pests while being completely safe for the family. As a locally owned business, we have an intimate understanding of the communities that we serve. We understand how ticks and mosquitoes behave and we have the tools to treat them. Our entire team is licensed and certified so you can always expect top-level craftsmanship. For more information on protecting your property from ticks and mosquitoes, please call us today.
Residential Tick And Mosquito In Plainfield
The ticks and mosquitoes that populate your yard between spring and fall have the potential to be a threat to you as well as your pets. They can spread pathogens that lead to Eastern equine encephalitis as well as tularemia and heartworm. Rather than spend a season in fear, look no further than NJ Mosquito Patrol. Our seasonal tick and mosquito control in Plainfield is designed to provide continuous relief from these invaders. As a locally owned company, we will always treat your concerns as if they were our own.
We begin the process by having one of our licensed and certified technicians inspect your entire property. This will help us locate breeding grounds as well as conducive conditions. For mosquitoes, we apply a natural treatment to your entire yard every 14 days. For ticks, we combine spray services with granular applications. We usually recommend routine treatments for both ticks and mosquitoes, but we offer one-time services for mosquitoes if you desire. For more information on tick and mosquito control, please call us today.
What To Do If A Tick In Plainfield Bites You
The ticks in Plainfield have the possibility to spread very dangerous pathogens when they bite you. While not every tick is going to be a carrier of certain pathogens, some might, and that’s not a risk that you want to take.
If you get bitten by any tick, here are the steps you should follow:
- Start by removing the tick in its entirety. You may want to use sharp, sterile tweezers for this step.
- Next, dispose of the tick by flushing it down the toilet.
- It’s time to tend to your bite, so wash it thoroughly with unscented soap and apply a topical hydrocortisone cream to help with swelling and any rashes. You may also want to take ibuprofen to address any potential swelling.
- You’ll also want to monitor yourself for any reactions such as nausea, vomiting, bull’s eye markings, stiff neck, muscle swelling, joint pain, fever, or chills. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should seek professional medical help.
For more information on tick control, call NJ Mosquito Patrol today.
Plainfield's Guide To Mosquito Control
Mosquitoes will appear each spring in Plainfield and last throughout the early days of fall. But this doesn’t mean that locals have to be made uncomfortable. Here are a few helpful tips to avoid mosquitoes:
- Address water sources. Mosquitoes will look for pockets of water to lay their eggs, so be sure to empty out buckets and kids' toys, turn over the water in bird baths routinely, and bring in pet bowls every night.
- Try certain plants. There are some plants that contain natural properties which might provide some relief from mosquitoes. Those plants include thyme, basil, rosemary, citronella, marigolds, mint, and lavender.
- Eliminate the human factor. Mosquitoes are highly attracted to people, so it may be helpful to use unscented hygiene products, avoid consuming alcohol, and apply an EPA-approved topical treatment like lemon eucalyptus oil.
- Bring in reinforcements. When dealing with mosquitoes, there is nothing more effective than seasonal mosquito treatments in Plainfield from a trusted expert. These services will create a barrier of reliable protection that is safe for the whole family.
For more information on mosquito control, call NJ Mosquito Patrol today.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"I would recommend this company to anyone looking for their services. Owen and Mike came and did a fantastic job. Very professional and Great people."
"Always the best experience ! Have been using for a year or so now, and it really keeps the bugs out of my yard. We threw a birthday party, and not one person got bit by mosquitos. Customer service is on par and always on time. Thanks mosquito patrol so much for making my yard an enjoyable hangout spot"
"The owner is a true business man. Courteous fair and honest. The service man are just as professional, respectful and punctual. Glad I found this business."